How to treat dry skin
Here's how to relieve dry skin quickly and effectively.
Whether it’s the middle of winter or the peak of summer, dry skin can affect anyone and everyone. It happens for a variety of reasons, but the symptoms are typically the same - tight, itchy or flaky skin can all be a sign that your skincare routine needs a shake-up.
Keep reading for our top tips on how to reduce dry skin on your face and treat this skin concern effectively.
Why is my skin dry?
There are several reasons why your skin might be feeling dry. To start with, take a look at your skincare routine – is it meeting your skin’s needs? Does your skin feel tight and dry immediately after cleansing, and does the feeling persist even after you’ve applied moisturiser?
If so, your products might not be providing enough nourishment for your skin type and you may want to consider switching to formulas with moisture-boosting ingredients, such as hyaluronic acid, shea butter and naturally derived oils. However, make sure any products you do switch to are gentle, unscented and free from irritants, as this could also cause skin to act up.
Another factor behind dry skin is exfoliation – or the lack of it. Our skin is constantly undergoing a process of renewal, but over time, dead skin cells can build up on the surface and make it more difficult for your serums and moisturisers to work effectively.
How to treat dry skin
- Cream Cleanser: Cream cleanser can be more nourishing for skin and not strip the oils out of the skin that you need for hydration. The Skinsmiths Cream Cleanser is formulated with hydrating and nourishing ingredients such as: shea butter, hemp seed oil, chamomile and vitamin E
- Hydration Booster: Give dry skin the lift it needs with an extra boost of hydration before you apply your moisturiser. Serums penetrate the deeper layers of the skin and make more of a difference than the products sitting on the surface of the skin. Use with a derma roller at night to penetrate even further and wake up hydrated.
- Hydrating Moisturiser: A hydrating moisturiser is super rich and designed to soothe dry skin and lock in moisture,
- Overnight Glow: Increase cell turnover with a chemical exfoliant like the Skinsmiths Overnight Glow. Use at night 2-3 times a week to exfoliant dead skin cells and clogged pores and wake up to softer, smoother, glowing skin.
- Skincare infusion: This treatment uses sound waves to allow skin-boosting ingredients to go deep into the skin and increase cell turnover, strengthen capillaries, target redness, dehydration, tone and texture.
- Microdermabrasion: Skin exfoliation can make a real difference by treating dryness at a deeper level. Microdermabrasion is a great option for this as it works to cleanse, exfoliate and hydrate the skin more effectively than topical skincare products can.
Want to know how we can help improve the appearance of your skin? Book a complimentary consultation.