Treat fine lines and wrinkles and restore youthfulness to your complexion.
As we age, fine lines and wrinkles are inevitable – but they don't have to stay forever! Our aesthetic medicine treatments can help minimise the appearance of existing lines and wrinkles and prevent new ones from forming.
Why do wrinkles form?
Lines and wrinkles appear as a natural result of the ageing process, which is characterised by a gradual loss of collagen and elastin in the skin.
Other factors can also come into play, including sun damage, smoking and muscle movement.
There are two types of wrinkles that form:
1. Dynamic – caused by the movement of facial muscles and disappear once the face is at rest
2. Static – lines that are unaffected by facial muscle activity and are visible all the time
Eventually, dynamic lines and wrinkles become static ones.
3 ways to treat lines and wrinkles
1. To keep a more youthful look, it's essential to protect your skin from daily exposure to the sun with a broad-spectrum sunscreen. Avoiding smoking and being around second-hand smoke (as well as other pollutants in the environment) will also help.
2. Choosing the right moisturiser for your skin type is also helpful for keeping your skin nourished and healthy looking. As we age, ingredients such as retinol, alpha hydroxy acids and antioxidants can also help with the signs of ageing.
3. We have a number of anti-ageing aesthetic medicine treatments to help reduce fine lines and wrinkles and prevent new ones from forming. Cosmetic injections can be effective options for treating fine lines and wrinkles, along with skin rejuvenation and laser treatments such as microneedling and microdermabrasion.