Retinol newbie? This booster will start you on your journey to smoother, healthier skin. The longer you use it, the more you will see the results.
Retinol is the one most effective skincare ingredient that’s out there. Basically, it helps your skin behave (and look) like its bouncier, younger self. Speeding up skin cell production, thickening and strengthening the skin, boosting collagen and slowing its breakdown. Find our ultimate retinol guide here.
Because retinol is very active, it can take time for the skin to get used to it. Skinsmiths retinol products are boosters, so they are flexible for everyone — easy to begin using retinol and easy to incorporate into any routine. They can be mixed into a moisturiser for a lower dose, or used on their own (or layered over other skincare steps) for the full strength.
- The long list of benefits; improves uneven skin tone & texture, minimises the appearance of pores, minimises breakouts and helps skin look smoother and bouncier.
- This booster helps to enhance your skin’s natural functions, so it behaves more like younger skin.
- Retinol helps encourage collagen production for thicker, healthier skin.
- The booster is versatile and easy to incorporate into any routine, for any skin type.
- The oil serum formula helps lock in moisture, so you wake up glowing (the oils are lightweight and suitable for all skin types —no blocked pores here)
WHO ITS FOR
Suitable for all skin types.
Got sensitive skin but want to use retinol? Follow our tips here.
Retinol is best used at night. Follow your usual morning routine and make sure you wear your SPF every day.
Have beautiful day
At the end of your day, cleanse your skin and apply any serums you use. If you are just starting out with retinol, mix it with your moisturiser. If you use an oil at night, apply that last.
Vitamin A increases turnover of healthy skin cells and stimulates collagen for thicker, healthier skin. This reduces signs of aging, improves uneven skin tone, minimises enlarged pores, smooths skin texture and even helps with breakouts. As an antioxidant, it prevents environmental damage too.
Squalane is a very lightweight oil that’s similar to the skin’s natural sebum. It locks in moisture and contains essential fatty acids and antioxidants to replenish and protect the skin.
Edelweiss Extract provides antioxidants and helps strengthen your skin’s barrier, for healthier skin.
Squalane, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Hybrid Oil, Polysorbate 20, Retinol, BHT, BHA, Solanum Lycopersicum (Tomato) Fruit Extract, Leontopodium Alpinum (Edelweiss) Extract.
HOW TO USE IT
Our top tip is to listen to your skin while it gets used to using retinol. Your skin will love you for it.
1. Start by mixing one or two drops of Retinol Booster with moisturiser, a few times per week. Make sure to use daily sun protection.
2. If your skin is happy, increase the frequency to every day. Then you can increase the dose until you are using it undiluted.
3. Level up! When you get through the Retinol Booster, your skin should be happy with Retinol. Then you can move to the Retinol Booster Plus, for even more skin boosting.